Many talented women today risk undermining their careers without realizing it, simply because they don’t understand how they are perceived by their male colleagues and customers.
In The Male Factor, best-selling author Shaunti Feldhahn reveals the inner reality behind men’s views — the unspoken expectations that no man would dare to publicly acknowledge, and no woman would learn from an HR department. These revelations include:
• Men’s unwritten ‘rules’ of the workplace
• How men perceive workplace emotion
• What common situations with female colleagues most frustrate men-- and why
• Why revealing clothing can sabotage a woman’s effectiveness
• Why some men think flextime is fine, but equal compensation for it is not
The Male Factor equips women with the information they need to make informed decisions and compete on a level playing field.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
The Male Factor - review
The Male Factor by best-selling author Shaunti Feldhaun offers an insightful look at gender differences in the workplace. Written to women, it is a helpful resource for women who are interested in relating better to their male colleagues. I was interested in the quotes from dozens of the men Shaunti interviewed for this project, and I especially appreciated the chapter on modesty (or lack thereof) as perceived by men.This book was provided for review by the WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group. Here's an overview from the publisher: